Former Cheerleaders and Dancers, you are invited to participate as a Science Cheerleader at the USA Science and Engineering Festival in Washington, DC, April 16-17, 2016! The Science Cheerleaders made their first appearance at USASEF and it remains our largest appearance and performance event. They would love to have you them! Please read the details of available appearances and sign up by clicking here using the Google Spreadsheet created.
- Science Cheerleader Floater.
- Dressed in warm-ups and white boots.
- Flexible schedule and will be able to participate in a variety of activities including autograph signings at the SciCheer booth, participating in the Discover Magazine Trivia Games on stage, and much more.
- Can participate on Saturday, Sunday, or both - please indicate your availability.
Science Cheerleader Performer:
- Dressed in onesie and white boots while performing, warm-ups and boots while walking around the Festival
- Arrive on 4/15 in order to participate in rehearsals.
- Travel reimbursement to Washington, DC is not available, but we DO have a limited number of (shared) hotel rooms available for performers at no cost.
- Wear the SciCheer onesie. Make sure you are comfortable wearing/dancing in this fitted outfit before signing up as a performer! You also have the option to purchase your own and you’ll need to bring your own boots. :)
- Performances run ~20 minutes, with individual routines run approximately 2-4 minutes each include kicks, turns, and other dance techniques. Each member of the troupe will have a speaking part. It’s imperative that you have performed recently.
- Participate in the Discover Magazine trivia events.
We have Science Cheerleader warm-ups and onesies in a range of sizes that you can wear and return or, if you’re interested in having your own, they cost $175. We’ll be happy to put you touch with our distributor. All participants will have the opportunity to interact, have pictures taken, and sign autographs with the Festival participants, which have run to over 250,000 over the course of two days.